GRJSA spring soccer is a great program for introducing new players to the game and for players wanting to develop their soccer skills by getting more touches on the ball than offered by just playing fall season. For ages U5-U10, it is truly recreational soccer - no scores or standings are kept. The season is a more relaxed format than fall soccer with considerable emphasis placed on skill-building and having fun. For parents interested in coaching a SCORE team for the first time, the spring season is an ideal time to get started.
GRJSA spring soccer registration for MOD recreational soccer, ages U5 through U10, closed March 25th. A few roster spots may still be available at certain age groups; e-mail the registrar for more information.
- The 2013 MOD spring season starts Sunday, April 7th.
- All games will be played on Sunday afternoons, no earlier than 1 PM.
- SCORE player registration fee is $60.
- Games will be played on grass fields in the greater Renton area.
- SCORE will once again be offering MOD soccer for U5 boys and girls.
- 8 game season over 10 weeks, with no games scheduled on holiday weekends.
- Game dates are April 7, 14, 21, 28, May 5, 19, June 2 and 9.
- The date of the final game of the MOD season for most teams will be Sunday, June 9th.
- Age groups with an odd number of teams may have a game on Sunday, June 16th.
- Practices are optional and are held at the discretion of each coach.
- NO games will be played on May 12th (Mother's Day) and May 26th (Memorial Day weekend).
NOTE: The age chart for spring soccer is the same one used for fall soccer. For example, if your daughter played U-7 soccer in the fall, she will still play U-7 soccer during the spring season.